Why Liquor Controls?
“The national average profit on the dollar for restaurant operations is a meager 4 cents”.
-Pump Up Your Profits – 52 Cost-Saving Ideas To Build Your Bottom Line
…liquor controls are critical, not only for restaurants but for every business in the hospitality industry!
“My register rings in the same or more, but my liquor costs have gone down about $1,500 in a month’s time.”
-Marge Hartnett, 16 South
“I thought a liquor control system might slow us down, but it hasn’t slowed us down at all.”
-Pat Hoak, Hoak’s Anchor Inn
You’ve likely heard it discussed often in our industry, but have you considered liquor controls or wondered if liquor portion control or a liquor control system might serve your operation?
Here are some of the reasons many bar, club, restaurant, casino, hotel, stadium and many other venue owners rely on liquor control systems to help control costs, improve profitability and make informed bar management decisions.
- All bar side liquor bottles have pourer with tamper-proof seals
- All liquor dispensed through a Laser gun is secured in a locked room
- All beer dispensed through Berg’s TAP2TM controlled dispensing faucet is secured in a locked cooler
Liquor Portion Control
- Consistent pours result in consistent drinks and cocktails
- Increased customer satisfaction and repeat customers
- Reduced losses from spillage and over pouring
- Records every drink poured
- Eliminates give-aways and potential shrinkage
- Prevents unauthorized pouring at any time
- Liquor and beer inventory are secured, so nothing is dispensed without being recorded
- Increase profits by controlling costs. Use the loss calculators to see how much you may be losing!
- A 1/4 ounce overpour on a one ounce shot increases your liquor cost by 25% per drink!
- The ability to pour quickly with a liquor control system increases server’s efficiency and more pours means increased profits
- Consistent drinks and more pours equal increased profits and tips, based upon a percentage of sales.
- Dramatically cuts liquor purchases
- Consistent pouring equals better tracking of customer’s alcohol intake to help reduce drunk driving
- Can increase liability insurance premiums by 10%
- Provides stronger defense if ever sued for negligence
How Much Money Are You Losing Right Now?
Take a moment and use the liquor loss calculator and beer loss calculator to see how much money you may be losing without liquor controls.
Additional Liquor Control Resources
You may find these resources helpful in learning more about “Why Liquor Control” and increasing your bar profitability, as you consider whether liquor control systems are right for your operation. Let us know if you find other resources about liquor controls, liquor portion control, or use of liquor control systems to increase bar profitably that we should include here to share with our industry.
Microchip Technology Finally Eliminates The Scourge Of Shrinkage (Terry Singer)
How microchip technology can impact your bottom line!
Kick Start Your Bar Into Greater Profits (Robert Plotkin)
Liquor controls systems and beer control systems can increase your bar profitability
Preventing Internal Theft (Robert Plotkin)
Put liquor control systems in place that stop theft. Losses due to employee theft can be staggering. Reduce your vulnerability to theft by knowing exactly how employees steal and how you can stop it! You’ll save thousands of dollars each year as a result. Book available from Barmedia
Pump Up Your Profits – 52 Cost-Saving Ideas To Build Your Bottom Line (Angela Stewart)
The book begins with the fact that “the national average profit on the dollar for restaurant operations is a meager 4 cents”, reminding us why liquor controls are so important, not only for restaurants but for every business in the hospitality industry! Book available from Pencom International
Pour It On: 52 Ways To Maximize Your Bar Profits (Angela Stewart)
If you own or manage a full-service restaurant or bar, this book is a must read. With beverage sales margins shrinking, Pour It On gives you 52 ideas to add profit to your bottom line. As you read, keep in mind liquor control systems to help regain control of pouring costs and increase your profit. Book available from Pencom International
Deciphering Data (Tim Johnson)
A POS system can provide you with reports on about 50 data categories. Which are most important?
Why Berg Liquor Control Systems?
Click here to learn some of the many reasons why you may want to consider Berg liquor control systems for your operation’s liquor control and then contact a Berg representative today and start saving!